Friday, October 18, 2013

"I followed that point of the star now, walking across the square more slowly than everyone else, for I was reluctant to leave its familiarity." (Chevalier 13). This quote is when Griet was going to change her identity from being a young girl to being the "new" maid.

This is what I want to be in a few years when I am a senor in high school and getting ready to go to college and start a new chapter in my life. I wore that shirt to show that I want to become more mature and a hard worker to achieve my goals. I want to become more aware of what is going on in the world and travel to many places. I did my hair in a bun to symbolize me becoming a strong dancer. I want to teach kids how to dance and release their creativity. I also want become a role model to my little sisters and to other young kids.

I will transfer my identity slowly. I do not want to change so fast then realize that is not who I want to be. I am changing my identity right now ,too. I am gaining more knowledge and becoming wiser, by trying my hardest to do well in school. I am also trying to make the best decisions so I know I can accomplish my goals. I am also spending my time on dance and focusing on being a stronger, more flexible, artist. I am spending time with my family because I want to have a good bond with them, especially my young sisters I want them to grow up to be very smart and ready to enter the world of high school and "The Adult" world.

"When I made my choice, the choice I knew I had to make, I set my feet carefully along the edge of the point and went the way it told me, walking steadily." (Chevalier 216). Like Griet, I want make the best decisions for me and people close to me. She knew it would be best for her and her family to marry Pieter. I want to get a good education, a good job, and to live a happy life knowing that I did the best I could to help others and myself. I know it will take a while for me to change, and my plans may fall apart at anytime, but I will pick my self up and will try again and keep giving 110% to know one day I can do anything!

7 comments:

  1. Maddie! You know I love you so much! You're my best friend:) I like the quote that you picked, and I like how you explained it. I like how you symbolized your dancing dream. I dance with you every week two hours at a time, I know that you will achieve you goals. you are a strong individual who will ANYTHING to reach the stars:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey maddayyyy(: well first of all I love how you decorated your page, its very happy and girly. I like how you talked about your love for dance and that you want to teach kids to dance when you get older. I think that would be a good job for you, you're seriously an AMAZING dancer. I also like the quotes you used I thought they went really well with what you had to say. you are so mature and I love the fact that you want to look out for you're little siblings, way to be a good role model !! anyway, I love your page and I hope you never give up your dream of dance !! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, Maddie! I think it's really cool that you have everything planned on what you want to be. I liked how you talked so much about supporting your family, and how you would be a role model to your sisters. You're so great in everything you do, and your sisters must have so much to look up too. I also thought it was cool that you valued your education and dance so greatly. I also tried to include my education in my Senior Identity too. Anyways, you are a truly amazing person, and I know for a fact that you will accomplish your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright my twin...you are truly amazing. I really admire you for being a hard worker in school and wanting to achieve all these goals of epic proportion. I also really like the quotes you choosed because you tied them in perfectly with your writing. Congrats you get and A+++++++++++++:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maddie, firstly your picture is gorgeous! I'm so happy that you came to Jackson this year! I like how you said your changing your identity slowly. I hope that you achieve your identity and become a hard worker and a strong dancer, I believe in you! I have loved becoming friends with you, your'e such a great person to be around and have an awesome personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your paragraph about what you want to do when you're older! I think that being in JSA teaches kids how to unmask their creativity and let it show. I also want to do something with that when I am older because I love the arts as well. I hope you follow your dream to become a better dancer! Anything is possible if you set your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Maddie! You have such great goals, and an excellent plan for achieving them. You are such a kind person, and an amazing dancer! You also chose some really strong and inspirational quotes. Keep up the hard work :)

    ReplyDelete